Re: Frozen cursor after logout; CLI escape

On Fre, 2002-11-01 at 20:53, Marc Stergionis wrote:

> I have been using (since root obviously can't log in graphically)
> control-option-F1 to get a command line to use as root,

Better never log in as root at all. sudo or su is your friend.

> but can't figure out how to toggle back out of that (to the user login)

alt-F7, where alt can be option or command depending on the keymap.

> and when I try to log  in as my user, the screen tells  me there's
> already an xserver running (the existing graphic login screen).

You could start another one with startx -- :1 .

> Also, whenever I do use graphic login to start a user session, and
> then logout to the graphic login screen, may cursor is *always*
> frozen, even though it just worked in the previous session.

This has been reported before, unfortunately I don't remember if any
solution has been found yet.