Re: install MacOSX after Debian GNU/Linux

On 1 Nov 2002, Soeren Dam wrote:

> Has anyone experience installing MacOS X after Debian GNU/Linux ?

yes on my powerbook

> I am VERY tired of Macos 9.x beeing unstable and reeinstalling it.
> I've seen on the internet that almost all manuals suggests that you
> install MacOSX FIRST and Linux afterwards.
>
> Why is that ?
> Has anyone tried to install MacOS X after Linux ?

not an answer just a story.
I ve done the same thing than you on my dual boot machine, wipped
MacOS9, to put Jaguar.
Jaguar Instalation was smoth an easy. but after reboting I was
surprised by the fact that MacOS X boot directly, I have losed the OF
chooser.

I was thinking about a pram modification done by MacOS X.

And yes MacOSX wipped the OF boot-device and so on (as printenv shows me
under OF)

Reseted the pram with the magic key combo (option-command-p-r at boot
chime) but the problem remains. I finaly found by booting on a debian
install disk and switching to the shell, that my partition scheme was
"altered".

When I installed linux, I've reordered my parition in order to have the
Apple_Bootstrap in position 2 (it was physicaly the 9th).
MacOS X instalation put it back on position 9.

just using the mac-fdisk r, to restore the partition order, and
running ybin command restored the things

	Eric

--
 BJ>  Certes, la charte autorise de s'éloigner du sujet
 BJ> en cours d'enfilade.
 Ça ne doit pas être très pratique.
 -+- MT in <http://www.le-gnu.net> : J'avance, tu recules -+-