install MacOSX after Debian GNU/Linux

Has anyone experience installing MacOS X after Debian GNU/Linux ?

I am running a dualboot setup on a iMac with debian woody and MacOS 9.2

I am VERY tired of Macos 9.x beeing unstable and reeinstalling it.
Therefore i consider buying MacOS X Jaguar and installing it on my Mac
partion.
I've seen on the internet that almost all manuals suggests that you
install MacOSX FIRST and Linux afterwards.

Why is that ?
Has anyone tried to install MacOS X after Linux ?

Or is it merely a boot problem ?

I would very much like to hear some advice.

Greetings  Søren Dam1