Re: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50

Hi,

I've noticed something strange.

Booting my kernel from the net (bootp/tftp) and monitoring the bootup
messages on another machine by doing cat < /dev/ttyS0, I see bootup
mesages when I start from OpenFirmware with

0> boot net

but when I configure the machine to start from the net using the System
Management Services, I get no bootup messages.

This is strange; the bootargs are compiled into the kernel, and I supply
none when booting manually from OF.  How come the kernel behaves
differently depending on how it was booted?

Best regards,

|   George Karaolides                      Planitis Communications Ltd.,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 45 65 00              Office 102, 11 Florinis Street,  |
|   web:   www.planitis.net                             Nicosia CY 1065,  |
|   email: george.karaolides@planitis.net           Republic  of Cyprus.  |