Re: KeyMappings in Windowmaker

scripsit Shawn Dunn:
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:10:40 -0700
> Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com> wrote:

> > The easiest may be to do what I did for my iMac -- I mapped the
> > workspaces to OpenApple-# in WindowMaker.  (On my iMac keyboard, the
> > OpenApple key is where the Alt key is ``supposed'' to be, so the
> > remapping reduced my miskeyings.)
> >
> And exactly how did you go about remapping these keys?  (I've never
> remapped a key before in my life....

In Window Maker it's pretty easy.  Open up the Window Maker Preferences
Utility (that's the funky green icon on the Dock).  Scroll over to
Keyboard Shortcut Preferences (the keyboard icon four from the right).
In the Actions list, select "Switch to workspace 1", click Capture and
then hit OpenApple-1.  (I think these days they call that key "command"
or something like that.  That box is at work, so I don't have the
keyboard in front of me.)  Repeat for the other workspaces.

IIRC you may have to restart Window Maker for the change to take effect.
That's easily done without disturbing your session by doing Window
Managers | Restart on the Debian menu.  (If you're stuck with an Apple
one-button mouse, you can get the menu with F12.)

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul