Re: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50

George Karaolides wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install Debian woody on an IBM RS/6000 7025 F50 using the
> latest floppies.
>
> I'm having very little success so far.  The best I've managed is to get a
> "Booting:" message from OpenFirmware using the chrc rescue floppy and the
> OpenFirmware command
>
> 0> boot floppy:.\linux.bin root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1
>
> However, the booting procedure stops after the disk is read, nothing
> appears on the screen and the only way to get control of the machine back
> is to power it down.

Hi George,

  None too surprising. You want a kernel compiled as CHRP. Tho one question, is
your box an SMP box? If so, make sure SMP is turned on. Otherwise the standard
CHRP config in arch/ppc/configs should work just fine.

Regards,

Tom

--
Tom Gall - [Embedded] [ppc|ppc64]  Code Monkey
Peace, Love and Linux Technology Center "Where's the ka-boom?