Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Debian woody on an IBM RS/6000 7025 F50 using the
latest floppies.

I'm having very little success so far.  The best I've managed is to get a
"Booting:" message from OpenFirmware using the chrc rescue floppy and the
OpenFirmware command

0> boot floppy:.\linux.bin root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1

However, the booting procedure stops after the disk is read, nothing
appears on the screen and the only way to get control of the machine back
is to power it down.

Using the prep floppies didn't even get me this far; the machine didn't
even read the floppy.  The output from the .properties OF command seems to
indicate this is a chrc machine anyway.

Has anyone managed to install Debian on one of these?  All
pointers/suggestins gratefully accepted.  I've read the Debian
installation manual for this architecture but have found no indication as
to how to solve this problem (yes, I did try making another floppy).

Best regards,

|   George Karaolides                      Planitis Communications Ltd.,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 45 65 00              Office 102, 11 Florinis Street,  |
|   web:   www.planitis.net                             Nicosia CY 1065,  |
|   email: george.karaolides@planitis.net           Republic  of Cyprus.  |