Re: IBM 7025-F40 and Binary compatibility

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 09:42, franco.tassone@inwind.it wrote:

> I'm new in this list, just arrived as I'm rescuing two IBM 7025-F40
> machines in my company.
> My boss asked me to install Linux on them, so I have some question for
> you all.
>
> - I've downloaded the (3) iso images of potato for prep architecture
> (2.2r6), is it possible to install and run potato on the IBM 7025-F40
> machine ?

Someone with experience with that sort of hardware should answer this, or
probably you should find something in this list's archives.

> - If yes, are there possibilities to run AIX binaries on it ?

I don't know but I haven't heard of that possibility and I assume it's not
possible.

> - Is there any support for binary compatibility with linux i386
> architecture, like linux alpha does versus linux i386 architecture ?

Again, I haven't heard of that, how do they do it? There is bochs but
I'm not sure that's what you're after.