Re: problem ppc DRI rage 128 (glxgears freeze)

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 13:42, Jerome wrote:
> Now it seems to work. I have use the dri tree at sourceforge...

That shouldn't be necessary...

> But still of things strange i get a fps of 500 and above but when the glxgears is the on top
> window the animation is slow, as soon it a background window it runs very very very very fast :)
> Is it normal ? I think, no i hope so =)

Yes, the slowness is only apparent, due to refresh rate aliasing.

> other things i m now able only to run in 640*480 anyone have an idea on how to configure so
> my screen work well (it a sony cpd-200es) Thx for your help on that. (Oh i already look on the web
> and didn't found anythings...interesting)

What happens when you try to use higher resolutions?

> One other things, that no really deal with the subjet here. I was looking for away to find the string ***
> with grep, it seems that : grep -e \*\\*\\* myfile
>
> work but i don't  really understand the regular expression. If anyone could explain it to me it would be greatt :)

It just matches three asterisks. :) Remember that the shell also
interprets the string. But why use a regular expression at all? I
usually use

grep '\*\*\*' file

for that purpose.