Re: Possible input problem with xfree86_4.2.0-0pre1v1 and sawfish-gnome

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 10:16, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 13:52, David Stanaway wrote:
> > Here is the running problem that I was having:
> >
> > There are some regular but intermitant problems with registering mouse
> > clicks, and some key combinations yeild odd results. All revolving
> > around change of focus.
>
> I've been seeing this on and off for quite some time, but of course I've
> been running a 4.2 server for a long time as well for its Radeon
> support. Can you try with a 4.1 server to see if it makes a difference?
> The problem being that it seems to occur non-deterministically, so one
> can never be sure it's actually not there...

I was running 4.1 before and I had no problems.  I was also running your
bare bones 4.2 binaries as well (However, I used the ati driver as per
your xf86config) and I don't recall any problems. When I was running
your binaries I only had Indirect rendering for glx, now when I am am
using the full package I am using the r128 driver (I couldn't see a
manpage for ati, and I was puzzled why it worked.) and I have Direct
Rendering:

OpenGL vendor string: VA Linux Systems, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Rage128 20010405 M3 AGP 1x
OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 3.4.2

I saw from another post that direct rendering is unstable with the M3.
I did get a system crash last night when changing the display settings
in quake2 (To use lower detail, as the framerate slowed dramatically
when an explosion was visible).

Could this be related? Or is it a completely seperate issue.

--
David Stanaway