Re: X getting close (was X won't start)

On  18 Jun, this message from Marc Stergionis echoed through cyberspace:
>>Somehow your default keymap got changed. Check out
>>
>>http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes
>
> Well I kinda went nuts and did a clean install of 2.2r6 and X worked
> right out of the gate.

Hmmm... Any specific reason to do that? It seems like a big step
backwards to me..

> Except!!
>
> I have no mouse. Well I do (I think) but the cursor is frozen at the
> bottom center of the screen.
>
> I can't seem to find anything in XF86Config that would affect this??

What mouse setting are you using in X? What kernel? Is gpm running? On
what device?

> And the graphical login is stuffed down in the bottom half of the
> screen as if I can't see the bottom of it (there's black border
> around the top, left and right, but I can't discern a border on the
> bottom, that white box is jammed down in there...

You're using XFree 3.3.something out of 2.2r6, right? I'm not sure that
worked on your 'control' video card at all. But most importantly, you'll
have a hard time finding someone to help debug XFree 3 :)

May I suggest you dist-upgrade to woody, install XFree 4.1, and move on
from there?

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |