Re: X getting close (was X won't start)

At sometime around 6:30 PM -0700 on 6/17/02, Chris Tillman wrote thus:
On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 03:30:51PM -0600, Marc Stergionis wrote:
 Yup, that worked!!!

 Looks like my keyboard is *way* scambled now, though.

Somehow your default keymap got changed. Check out

http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes

Well I kinda went nuts and did a clean install of 2.2r6 and X worked right out of the gate.

Except!!

I have no mouse. Well I do (I think) but the cursor is frozen at the bottom center of the screen.

I can't seem to find anything in XF86Config that would affect this??

And the graphical login is stuffed down in the bottom half of the screen as if I can't see the bottom of it (there's black border around the top, left and right, but I can't discern a border on the bottom, that white box is jammed down in there...

Is this a setting I've missed?

I'm also trying to change the WM

but none of these have worked:

switchdesk gnome

creating .xinitrc file containing

"startgnome"

--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis