Re: new iBook 700 LCD / ohci1394 driver.

>sing Ben's kernel 2.4.19-pre8-ben0 I didn't seem to be able to get the
>ieee1394 driver to recognise the iBook "target". I had the relevant modules
>loaded (I think) -- 1394, OHCI1394, SPB2, SCSI, SCSI hard disk -- but
>repeatedly plugging the target in produced no response on the old iBook (no
>kernel messages) and then rmmod'ing the ohci1394 module caused a kernel
>panic. Ooops.
>
>I guess the ohci1394 driver doesn't like the iBook hardware yet?
>
>What a shame, this was going to be a lovely method to do a super-quick
>super-easy installation.

It should support it, but it definitely doesn't support sleep, so beware
not to put the machine to sleep when ohci1394 is loaded.

If it still doesn't work with my latest kernel, please send me a dmesg
log after doing modprobe ohci1394 and then plugging the remote machine.

Ben.