Re: X server 100% CPU

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 17:33, Luis M wrote:
> sometimes my X server takes 100% of the cpu and stays there forever... I
> cannot use CTRL-DEL (backspace) to restart X, but the mouse seems fine... my
> only choise is to SSH to my box and kill all X processes... has anybody
> experienced this?
> this happens with either Gnome or KDE

Does it only happen when you run 3D apps, or with anything?

If you have the agpgart kernel module loaded, try without.

I have not noticed if agpart is loaded... will check later. So far I have commented out the load glx and any other 3D modules.. plus the DRI stuff ... I have not seen X taking over my computer any more... it used to happen on both KDE and Gnome.. but, since I don't need 3D stuff on this old ibook, I just took those modules off my config file and then went back to my beloved Gnome *heart*... no need for KDE (only use it to save my butt every now and then...

Luis M
System Administrator/Web developer

LatinoMixed.com

lemsx1@hotmail.com

The chief cause of problems is solutions.
               -- Eric Sevareid
Be secured. Sign your emails. Get my public signature here: http://www.latinomixed.com/lems1/public-a.asc

Boycott los canales de habla hispana Univision y Telemundo: http://www.latinomixed.com/tvboycott.php