Re: Macintosh Microphone Jack - how do I make a recording?

Katsunori Tanaka <tanaka@computer.org> writes:

> The microphone jack on such Macintosh is similar to standard
> microphone jack but slightly different.  Apple's "PlainTalk"
> microphone will fit for your Mac.  It has three-poles plug longer
> than standard microphone plug and the third pole is assigned to DC
> power supply for microphone's internal amplifier.

Thank you Katsunori - that helps some but I'd like to digitize tape
recordings (for medical transcription). I was of the notion the
macintosh microphone jack was just like any microphone-input but I
suppose not. Do you know if adapters for this type of thing are
available?

Regards, Elizabeth