older powermacs was: Re: Multiple Swap Partitions? Re: Sudden loss ...

On 16 April, 2002 05:58, Anthony Lau wrote:

> If the BugTraq info is correct, this may only affect 2.4.X kernels.
>
> It's always refreshing to see old Macs still up and running, even
> without their "native" OS.

in fact, this old powermac runs *better* (better as in faster, more stable,
apps are *much* less crash-prone, and overall stability) than it ever did
with the native OS on it. i even completely wiped my macOS 9 drive of all
traces of macOS, and stuck my stuff on it with the new XFS filesystem format,
and even the hard drive is quicker (a (GB seagate, 7200 rpm). the only times
that i've had to reboot were when i was changing the kernel and moving all
the files to the new drive.

eric