Re: XFree86/Keyboard can't use at-sign

on 14/03/2002 04:20, Eric Lemoine at Eric.Lemoine@ens-lyon.fr wrote:

>>> With
>>>
>>> XkbRules        xfree86
>>> XkbModel        macintosh
>>> XkbLayout       fr_new
>>>
>>> my keyboard is still screwed up. By adding XkbKeycodes macintosh
>>> everything works fine.
>>
>> So you seem to be still using ADB keycodes and need XkbModel
>> macintosh_old.
>
> You're right. My ibook2 uses ADB keycodes. macintosh_old solved
> all my keyboard problems.
>
> Thanx.

I'm having some ADB keyboard problems too. I have these settings in
xf86config-4. But first, just so u folks know where I'm coming from now,
here's my new set-up: upgraded to woody, and I've nearly completed compiling
the 2.4.18 kernel that I d/led from the debian archives - note: in the
README it says that a patch was applied. is that the patch that _needed to
be applied cuz something was missing? I'm "stuck" in mac OS right now cuz my
X isn't working. (I didn't know it was that easy to compile a kernel... :-)

Ok, I have xkb set to macintosh_old, with xfree86 as a keyboard protocol,
and 3-button emu (F11 and F12 as buttons 2 and 3). I have the
"dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes = 1". I had that funky _ssj thing
happen - it was fun to fix though, since I knew what was up :).

My problem is that the keyboard in X acts like I hadn't set the sysctl.conf
file to keyboard_sends... = 1 setting at all. So what gives? I dunno where
to start looking to fix this. I tried changing the "xfree86" entry in
xf86config-4 to "macintosh", but the X server just froze, and I had to force
re-boot several times trying different settings.

*help*

eric
(feeling a little dumb right now)