Re: Sound on Tanzania, and life with Apple Open Firmware

On 11 Mar 2002, Mack Allison wrote:
> Sounds working just great on my Tanzania/4400, I'm just curious.  On the
> MB, I see a Crystal chip that looks like it should be sound, but no such
> device shows up on the PCI bus.  In fact, I haven't been able to find
> any sign of having a sound device.

Which Crystal chip?

Note that on the LongTrail, the CS4232 is an ISA device, not PCI.

> But the dmasound driver loads, and it plays music *better than it did in
> it's life as a Macintosh. (???)

So either you have two sound chips, the Crystal chip is not a sound chip, or
the dmasound driver uses the Crystal chip.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds