Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 benh@kernel.crashing.org wrote:

> I'm not sure it's worth hacking much in the horrible mess that is
> the current dmasound_pmac. 2.5 is bringing the Alsa driver in which
> has already been split, I'm wondering if we shouldn't go the same
> way for what remains of 2.4 lifetime and split dmasound as well.

Sounds reasonable.  I'll have to look at the 2.5 tree since I haven't seen
Alsa driver sources in awhile.

BTW, I'm still getting white noise on CD's with xmms (tried with
two CDs today, using sid xmms).  I'll have to go on a debugging-fest to
find out what's going on, I suppose, since I'm apparently the only one
this is happening to.

As usual, mp3 ripping tools work fine...