powerbook keymap

I'm up to my neck in configuration issues here. =) I grabbed benh's
patched ppc source tree and compiled a set of kernel packages which
support the sound hardware in my powerbook, but I've obviously overlooked
a signifigant detail somewhere. When I load the resulting kernel, the
keymap is all funky and I can't navigate past the network selection
dialogue during the boot process.

I have found some discussion in the list archive about debian moving away
from an adb keycode map towards a linux specific one, but I need more
info! =) Have I missed a necessary kernel config option, or is there some
system configuration that I need to finish before loading the new
(2.4.18-benh) kernel?

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

"You can't depend on your judgement when your imagination
is out of focus."			-- Mark Twain