Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 01:39:09PM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> - tendency to skip, most notably when using APT

This is something I see at times with DACA, but I am of the opinion that
this is an IDE-related issue - not really a "bug" per se, but just
because IDE tends to be such a CPU-hog. Unless it's trying to bus-master
and screwing the pooch badly? (Possible?)

> - random hangs (constantly repeating a short part) with SDL apps

I have seen this with DACA. Maybe this is just a general driver-level
issue. I get this esp. in Eric's Ultimate Solitaire for Linux,
especially when the background music is being played.

--
Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN