Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

On Son, 2002-03-10 at 05:58, Derrik Pates wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 01:39:09PM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > - tendency to skip, most notably when using APT
>
> This is something I see at times with DACA, but I am of the opinion that
> this is an IDE-related issue - not really a "bug" per se, but just
> because IDE tends to be such a CPU-hog.

It also happens with the low latency kernel patch though, and as it
never happened on the Pismo (even with a standard kernel), it should be
avoidable.

> > - random hangs (constantly repeating a short part) with SDL apps
>
> I have seen this with DACA. Maybe this is just a general driver-level
> issue. I get this esp. in Eric's Ultimate Solitaire for Linux,
> especially when the background music is being played.

Yeah, it's most noticable with the background tunes. But again, I don't
think it's a general driver issue because I've never experienced it on
the Pismo (how many times am I going to repeat this? :). Or does the
different hardware pull dmasound's pants down? :)