Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

On Sam, 2002-03-09 at 06:15, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Gordon Paynter wrote:
>
> > No, it's a "TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2002" -- a so-called combo drive.
> > (That's probably significant, but it completely slipped my mind at the
> > time.  Oops.)
>
> Speaking of xmms and xmms-cdread, does anyone have a patch to swab the
> audio data?  I haven't found the time yet to make a patch of my own yet
> and want to eventually make a safe patch to send upstream....

I doubt xmms-cdread is broken at all, it works here with the OSS output
plugin but not with crossfade (it doesn't matter if crossfade uses the
OSS plugin or its own OSS support). The xmms-cdread code also looks
sane, though a quick look at xmms-crossfade didn't reveal any obvious
mistakes either, but it's considerably more complex than xmms-cdread.

Speaking of tumbler sound, has anyone else noticed the following issues?

- tendency to skip, most notably when using APT
- random hangs (constantly repeating a short part) with SDL apps
- some apps cause the driver to go into a weird state where all attempts
  to play sound fail, the only remedy is to unload and reload it

Any known workarounds?