Re: help can't use the boot-floppies

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:06:28AM +0100, jan wrote:
> thanks John,
>
> I tried to take the hfs-boot-floppy image but without any results. Can't
> boot from fd:0.
> Perhaps one day it will happen...

The hfs-boot-floppy is not a linux boot floppy (please read the powerpc install
manual). Instead of trying to boot it directly from OF, you just insert the
floppy and start the Mac.

That is true unless you have auto-boot? = no in OF. If so, then when OF shows,
type bye (after inserting the floppy).

The hfs floppy has a Mac-like System file so OF thinks it's booting MacOS.