Re: help can't use the boot-floppies

thanks John,

I tried to take the hfs-boot-floppy image but without any results. Can't boot from fd:0.
Perhaps one day it will happen...

jan

John Fremlin wrote:

You want to boot from the hfs-floppy-image (whatever that was called)
one instead, and then put in the root.bin disk which contains the
rootfs.

We had no success with this on a 4400/200 machine FWIW - it got IO
errors loading root.bin from every single floppy we tried.  We ended
up installing BootX from a YellowDog install CD on the MacOS partition
and using it to boot the debian kernel and ramdisk

[...]