Re: adding a keycode to a keymap ?

Hi,

Dabowl writes:

> Ah un français sur cette liste :-)

So far, I got the impression this was an English-speaking list.  For
my part, I understand French well enough, but many readers will not be
able to read your message and hence will not be able to help.

> j'ai une galère avec la config de mon clavier sous une woody ppc,
> sous x il est configuré comme un mac mais j'ai pas toutes les
> touches

| I have a problem with the configuration of my keyboard on a woody
| ppc system, in X it is configured like a Mac but I don't have all
| the keys

What keyboard is this exactly?  It may simply be missing the key that
by default sends the AltGr modifier.

> j'ai l'impression que la touche pomme est inversé avec alt.

| I have the impression that the Apple key is reversed with Alt.

This is intentional, the Option key sends the Alt modifier since it is
labelled Alt.  While this is very logical, I personally do not like
it, because I use an old IBM keyboard frequently and therefore expect
the Alt key next to the space bar.  So I use the following .Xmodmap:

| ! Badewanne als Compose
| keycode 64 = Multi_key
|
| ! Blumenkohl als Alt
| keycode 115 = Alt_L
| clear Mod1
| add Mod1 = Alt_L
|
| ! kein Meta
| clear Mod4

This configures the Option key as Compose, the Apple key as Alt and
disables Meta.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!