usb printer via pci usb card

Hello everyone,

I've looked through a number of web pages that deal with USB printing, and
followed their instructions and such, but no dice. I'm using KUPS for printer
configuration, but I get a message at the bottom that says "Can't connect to
CUPS server. Check your options!"

I don't know what options to check for. I know that debian, kde, and the
kernel can all see my printer (an Epson Stylus 777i), but for some reason,
KUPS cannot. The printer is USB and is connected to a PCI USB card. I'm
running a stock 2.4.17 kernel with the USB options turned on...I'm stuck.

How do I get KUPS to connect to the CUPS server?

Thanks for your help!

Russell