Re: Errors in sid xserver-xfree86 configuration

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 05:06:27AM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> 	BTW, Branden, if you're reading this, could you make the
> 	debconf for xserver-xfree86 ask the user if he wants a font
> 	server running? In my computers (which are quite limited in
> 	RAM), I usually don't have xfs running and comment it from
> 	XF86Config.

No, it's harmless to leave it in.

However, you can answer "no" to the files-section-writing question (low
priority) and write your own Files section.

> 	If debconf took care of that, I'd let it take complete control
> 	of my X configuration, not having to worry about upgrades or
> 	hand-editing files.

IMO it's irrational to pursue a policy of commenting out a harmless
reference to a local font server.  But if you want to write your own
Files section, debconf/dexconf will let you.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You don't just decide to break
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Kubrick's code of silence and then