Re: Fix for german keymaps in woody on the ibook2

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 21:07, Lukas Geyer wrote:

> I do not know how to turn this choice (Meta or AltGr on one or two keys
> resp.) into a configurable option via xkb, but in my opinion this would be
> the right solution.

See /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/{group,alt}

More ideas for configuration options:

- put Mode_switch on either Alt_L or Meta_L and keep the original symbol
  accessible with shift. These could probably be new options in the
  group file.

- put Mode_switch on any user configurable key and keep the original
  symbol accessible with shift (if possible). I don't expect this to be
  possible with Xkb though, would probably have to be xmodmap and
  debconf magic. :)