Re: lost left alt-key with todays X-upgrade in woody

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 01:00, Georg Koss wrote:
> Hi!
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 12:34:31AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > There are now options to play with alt and meta, hopefully they're
> > better documented somewhere else than in the changelog (look for "alt"
> > symbols file there).
>
> Thanks Michel 8-))
>
> I found the description of patch #052, but I do not have any idea what
> that "alt"-file or "ctrl"-file is or where to look for.

/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ralt

I don't know the right way to use it, though. The documentation is low
in this area. I've just added the following lines to
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh/de

partial alphanumeric_keys
xkb_symbols "mycustomkeys" {
    include "macintosh/de(nodeadkeys)"
    include "ralt"
};

and the InputDevice Section of XF86Config-4 looks like

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "mycustomkeys"
EndSection

For me it works.

arne