Re: true type fonts with stable

On   7 Jan, this message from Jonathan Riddell echoed through cyberspace:

> This sort of thing is probably received all to frequently but...
> I'm running stable and I have xfs-xtt running and I've apt-got
> msttcorefonts but when I start X with the truetype directory in the
> XF86Config file I get
> 'could not open default font fixed'

Check whether you have kept your default font path in your XF86 config
file. If not, your font server is plaing games. If yes, you need to
reinstall the xfonts-base package. I experienced this problem myself a
few times when installing or upgrading font packages: they semed to
erase some of the font config files for that package, which provides the
'fixed' font.

There may be an easier way to get it working again, but the abve did the
trick for me.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |