Re: PowerBook G4

On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 00:07, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Jan 03 2002, Wayne Pascoe wrote:
> > As I should be getting my powerbook in the next week or two, what
> > kind of decent usb mouse would you recommend ? I'd like something
> > that will work with OSX as well.
>
> 	Humm... Wouldn't the extra mouse consume more energy and
> 	shorten the lifetime of the charge of the battery? Would it be
> 	negligible?
>
> 	I'm using a PMac 9500 with an old ADB mouse and I've kind of
> 	learned to use F11 and F12 as the second and third mouse
> 	buttons and, regarding a notebook, I'd trade a tiny bit of
> 	comfort for extra battery life.
>
> 	Well, the above paragraphs assume that the pb *has* f11 and
> 	f12 buttons and that other people also care for extended
> 	battery life, but I've never touched an apple notebook with
> 	which I could play for more than 1 hour. :-)
>
> 	Besides, I actually like tapping the trackpad as a substitute
> 	for clicking (which I'm also assuming is possible with the pbs
> 	and ibooks).

I don't know how much battery an external mouse consumes but it shouldnt
be too much. Hoever I don't feel like using one since it's not to
practical to always carry one more thing around... Plus the use of an
externaö mouse limits use of the laptop to fairly flat surfaces which
means, no sitting in the coach, bed, on the bus, in the car etc... No
good idea... I think I'll have a go with the emulation first...

Tomasz