Re: ghostie screen

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Russell Hires wrote:

> > Framebuffer driver:	cat /proc/fb
> rusty@poet:~$ cat /proc/fb
> 0 3Dfx Voodoo3
> 1 ATY Mach64
> 2 OFfb /pci/3Dfx,Voodoo3

Ugh, do you really have 2 Voodoo3 boards? If not, two drivers are messing with
your board at the same time! Someone really should add resource management code
to tfxdb to prevent this from happening (and move the call to tdfxfb_init up in
fbmem.c, cfr. the comments in that file).

Workaround for now: add `video=offb:off' to the kernel command line.

Which kernel version are you using?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds