Re: Activating L3 cache on a Crescendo G4 400 card (powerMac 7300)

I think you were on the right track. I have a similar setup: a Sonnet
G3/375 in an 8500.  I use Powerlogix's utilities to set the CPU:cache
ratio on boot up.  The Powerlogix extension loads before the BootX
extension, so I do nothing with the G3 settings in BootX. Under Linux,
a check of /proc/cpu/l2cr (or something similar) shows the cache is
activated and running.  Try that and see ...

cheers
vinai