Re: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) & liba52-0.7.4

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:27:51PM -0500, Nirmal Govind wrote:
>  Hi.. where do I get debs for liba52-0.7.4 and libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13)? I'm trying to install videolan for playing dvd's and it needs these libs.. I have libc6 but it's not >13.. I searched around but couldn't find >13 debs.. or do I need to compile it from source?

There's a version in normal woody, which works.  The most recent I can
get from videolan.org debian repo won't play properly on my ibook
(looks like it doesn't work properly w/ x11 rendering).

deb http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian $(ARCH)/
deb-src http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sources/

OTOH, the stock woody version doesn't play encrypted dvd's.  If your X
isn't as squirrelly as mine those lines in your sources.list should
let you install and compile from the source package and get around
your versioning problems.  (I'm using liba52-0.7.3 on x86 - my
laptop's at home and running OS X at the moment).

Erik

--
If I didn't ruin the mood by saying something stupid,
   I wouldn't be me, would I?