Re: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) & liba52-0.7.4

> OTOH, the stock woody version doesn't play encrypted dvd's.  If your X
> isn't as squirrelly as mine those lines in your sources.list should
> let you install and compile from the source package and get around
> your versioning problems.  (I'm using liba52-0.7.3 on x86 - my
> laptop's at home and running OS X at the moment).

thanks Erik.. I managed (after several installs and reinstalls mainly due to the unorderly fashion in which I set it up) to get vlc working.. the volume however is very low.. I went to max vol in the gmix but doesn't help much.. when xmms plays mp3's at the same vol. level, it's very audible though... and I couldn't find any setting in Vlc for an audio output stream etc.. another thing is that as the vol is increased the quality goes down.. again, doesn't happen while using xmms to listen to music... I haven't installed alsa yet.. would that be the solution?

Thanks,
nirmal