Re: xfree86 - Alt key missing [solved]

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:47:01PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mit, 2002-12-11 at 22:01, Vinai Kopp wrote:
> >
> > since I upgraded to xfree86 4.2.1-3 (sarg) the left and right Control,
> > Command and Alt keys generate the same keycodes:
> >
> >  Contrl_L and Control_R   37
> >  Alt_L and Alt_R          64
> >  Cmd_L and Cmd_R         115
>
> Do the keys generate different keycodes in console, as shown by
> showkey?

Ups, the keycodes are the same - I must've been wrong. (Ctrl: 29, Alt:
56, Cmd: 125). So now I must only think about which key I want to act
as AltGr. I think I'll use the Command Key for that, Control stays
Control and Alt stays Alt, for Emacs I'll use Alt es Meta.

Thanks for the help!

Vinai
--
Secure eMail with gnupg: See http://www.gnupg.org/

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.