Re: The life of the batteries in the IBook running linux

On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 [01:09],
    Jan-Hendrik Palic (jan.palic@linux-debian.de) wrote:

> Hi ..
>
> I just wanted to ask for your experiences with the livetime of your
> batteries in the IBook2.
>
> My problem is, that my first battery has less than 1/4 of the max
> capability as a new battery.
> After installing GNOME2, I started the battery-applett and it reports,
> when the battery is full charged. I was wondering, that I see several
> times, that my battery is charging, but it was full.
>
> Are there some issues with the powermanagement under linux, which should
> be know?
>
> What are your experiences?

This is interesting, the tech sheet for my iBook says that it should
have a life time up to 5h. But when it's fully loaded, all
battery-applets tells me that it's only 4h left.

It's a brand new iBook and I haven't tested if it's Linux thats wrong or
my battery. Or maybe Linux takes more power? I don't know.

/d

--
... david röhr              |      o_
.. unix systems consultant  | o/  /\   Solaris, AIX, HP-UX