The life of the batteries in the IBook running linux

Hi ..

I just wanted to ask for your experiences with the livetime of your
batteries in the IBook2.

My problem is, that my first battery has less than 1/4 of the max
capability as a new battery.
After installing GNOME2, I started the battery-applett and it reports,
when the battery is full charged. I was wondering, that I see several
times, that my battery is charging, but it was full.

Are there some issues with the powermanagement under linux, which should
be know?

What are your experiences?

	Thnx and regards
			Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..