Re: Using XFree86 on the new iBooks
- To: ERDI Gergo <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Using XFree86 on the new iBooks
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: 03 Dec 2002 23:03:56 +0100
- Message-id: <1038953036.1072.10.camel@thor>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Die, 2002-12-03 at 18:33, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On 19 Nov 2002, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:
> > > - If yes, where can I download the patch?
> > I'd tell you, unfortunately I haven't heard of it. And people are still
> > discussing the problem on IRC...
> Just for the record: with the help of the nice guys at #ppclinux, I got a
> patch for the benh branch even before it was checked in, that
> contains a framebuffer driver that works with the new iBooks. So now I got
> XFree86 working on it via the fbdev driver.
Why not the ati driver with Option "UseFBDev"?
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast