From: Colin Walters <walters@debian.org>
Date: Tue Dec 3, 2002  10:57:47  AM US/Pacific
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: how to downgrade

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 01:15, Michael Hope wrote:

I've never tried it, but dpkg does have a --force-downgrade option.  I
don't know how this interacts with apt (you may have to download the
pacakges yourself) nor with meta packages such as gnome2.

It's worth noting that downgrading packages is explicitly not supported
by Debian.  It will likely work for 90% of the packages out there, but
if it breaks, please don't file bugs.

If you're running sid, and you want to go back to woody, your best bet
is to reinstall your system.