Re: how to downgrade

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 22:00, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 08:52:58PM -0800, Ashifi wrote:
> > I just upgraded to the "unstable" branch, and although i've got Gnome 2
> > going, I can't get sawfish, nor any other window manager going. It
> > tells me it had an error with the authentication method, hence all my
> > applications open windowless (pretty annoying!)
> >
> > Should I downgrade? How can I install a window manager?

Incidentally, I had similar problems.  After upgrading to unstable about
a month ago I couldn't get any display manager except gdm up and going.
All others reported problems with authentication, especially X magic
cookie authentication.

I've never tried it, but dpkg does have a --force-downgrade option.  I
don't know how this interacts with apt (you may have to download the
pacakges yourself) nor with meta packages such as gnome2.

Sorry, not a helpful answer.

-- Michael