From: "Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com>
Date: Sat Nov 30, 2002  10:00:11  PM US/Pacific
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: how to downgrade

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 08:52:58PM -0800, Ashifi wrote:
I just upgraded to the "unstable" branch, and although i've got Gnome 2
going, I can't get sawfish, nor any other window manager going. It
tells me it had an error with the authentication method, hence all my
applications open windowless (pretty annoying!)

Should I downgrade? How can I install a window manager?

This is not really a powerpc question...

To see what packages are available for window managers,

apt-cache search x-window-manager

Gnome 2 is pretty new; probably you might find some posts in the last
month or so. But as a general rule, you should probably not be getting
into the unstable distribution unless you're pretty adept at handling
problems like this and worse.