DVD playback suspend and wake issue

Hi all,

Watching a DVD works using ogle on my 700 MHz Ibook, ogle displays an average of 17fps which is OK for the still scenes, and a little weak for the screen travellings.

Anyway here's the problem. after having suspended the ibook, on wake up, the playback works very slowly with a lot of dropped frames and displays 6fps. Even restarting the X server dosn't help, I have to reboot the computer.

What could cause this strange behaviour ?
I am using the latest benh_kernel and the latest dri-trunk Xserver.

BTW: is there a way to get better results on DVD playback ? I tried to compile mplayer, but I haven't worked it ou yet, I miss the DVD decompression library.

thx
MArc