Re: DVD playback suspend and wake issue

Watching a DVD works using ogle on my 700 MHz Ibook, ogle displays an average of 17fps which is OK for the still scenes, and a little weak for the screen travellings.

Anyway here's the problem. after having suspended the ibook, on wake up, the playback works very slowly with a lot of dropped frames and displays 6fps. Even restarting the X server dosn't help, I have to reboot the computer.

I have a clue, it seems that dma usage is not restored on wakeup:
How do I restore dma parameters on wake up ?

>>> after wake up
marc@melonhead:~$ sudo hdparm /dev/hdb

/dev/hdb:
 HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
 IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  0 (off)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)