Re: Airport ad-hoc LAN

Hej Raph,

> has anyone of you expierences with setting up an ad-hoc LAN with Airport
> cards? I get a connection between 2 i386 with wlan cards running orinoco
> driver, but none of them can ping my TiBook. The strange thing is, that
> when I run iwconfig on both i386, it shows me Cell numbers only with
> zeros, and I think it has to be that way in the ad-hoc mode. But
> iwconfig on the TiBook shows me another number. Is there anything
> special to do for the airport card?

I had quite some trouble connecting a Cisco Aironet 350 with the
iBook Apple Airport in ad-hoc mode. (Maybe I should have read a
HowTo first). The solution finally was to set the Cisco card
in "ad-hoc" mode and (under Linux) the iBook card in "managed" mode.
communication was possible only in that configuration.

but again, that might be obvious for others :)

bye
Philipp Kaeser