Re: Debian on iBook startx problem

Ok, i followed your instructions, but nonetheless, I get a grey screen with the mouse. Nothing else.

Curtis

Mij wrote:

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:50:23 -0800
Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com> wrote:

Please follow step bye step the instructions in the page
i pointed you to.
Shut down you display manager, if you use one, and try starting
the xserver manually; turning back to the console, you can see
immediately what's wrong. It's difficult helping you if you don't
give us some more detail.

If X started manually gets well, probably your problem is
the windowmanager (as I'm convinced it to be).

bye

Believe it or not, there are no .xsession or .xinit files in my home directory.

Curtis

Mij wrote:

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:16:17 -0800