Re: pbbuttonsd - daemon won't start

Hi ..

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 11:43:46AM +0000, Matthew Yee-King wrote:
>Its mostly going very well at the moment, but i've just been trying to
>get pbbuttonsd running. Running the /etc/init.d script fails silently,
>running it from the command line as root gives this:
>
>ERROR: Can't find an input event queue for the keyboard in /dev/input/,
>maybe permission denied

Do you have an external keyboard connected?

>I found this previous thread on the same topic:
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2002/debian-powerpc-200207/msg00131.html
>I tried apt-get -b source pbbuttonsd I tried running the setenv script
>manually.  I tried cd dev; MAKEDEV input I tried installing the deb
>from here: http://bourbaki.math.uni-kiel.de/~jpalic/debian/upload/
>Still no joy... can anyone help?

What does /usr/bin/setupenv.sh say?
It should show you something like:
14:16 $sudo setupenv.sh

This script checks the environment on your system so that PBButtons
would work
with all features also if it was launched as normal user.
You started this script as superuser root. That means that all nessecary
changes could be done automatically by this script.
-> Do you want to continue? (y/N): y

checking new input layer:     active			[ ok ]
checking /dev/input:          exists, user readable	[ ok ]
checking /dev/input/event0:   exists, root access only	[ ok ]
  adjust permissions to 'user readable' ... done
checking /dev/input/event1:   exists, root access only	[ ok ]
  adjust permissions to 'user readable' ... done
checking /dev/input/event2:   exists, root access only	[ ok ]
  adjust permissions to 'user readable' ... done
checking /dev/input/event3:   exists, root access only	[ ok ]
  adjust permissions to 'user readable' ... done
checking /dev/pmu:            exists, root access only	[ ok ]
  adjust permissions to 'user writable' ... done
checking /dev/mixer:          exists, group writable	[ ok ]
  adjust permissions to 'user writable' ... done

The 'problematic' and 'failed' issues have been tried to set correctly.
Start this script again to check if it was completely successfull.

Check this out and please mail the output!

	HTH

		Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..