Re: Printing with CUPS

Hi!

* marco wrote/schrieb:
> I take advantage of this thread because I have problem printing remotely to my usb printer.
> It works fine on my g3 box. Configured with cups.
> But when I want to print fom my linux box...
> --> lp: error - no default destination available

> # lpadmin -h 192.168.2.1 -d stylus740
> lpadmin: set-default failed: server-error-service-unavailable
> cupsd is running on 192.168.2.1...
install cups-bsd, see below.

Do you have cups installed on your client? If yes, then change the
server to use in /etc/cupsd/client.conf.

Or, you can install cups, AND cups-bsd on your client and configure cups to
automatically include all remote Printers found in your network. Then
you can easily print with  lpr -H$PRINTERNAME(@remotehost)

Greetings

Robert

--
Do you suffer painful elimination?
		-- Don Knuth, "Structured Programming with Gotos"

Do you suffer painful recrimination?
		-- Nancy Boxer, "Structured Programming with Come-froms"

Do you suffer painful illumination?
		-- Isaac Newton, "Optics"

Do you suffer painful hallucination?
		-- Don Juan, cited by Carlos Casteneda