Re: date is 1934 on reboot

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 02:09:52PM -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> "Rog?rio Brito" <rbrito@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
> > On Oct 21 2002, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > I believe there are firmware and/or OS bugs that cause the date to
> > > show up incorrectly.  I have seen this numerous times on my
> > > Powerbook, even when brand new, especially when booting one OS and
> > > then another.
> >
> > 	The only time I saw something like that was when I left the
> > 	battery of my iBook drain completely. I suppose that the iBook
> > 	I have doesn't have an internal battery for the computer's
> > 	clock.
>
> OS9 resets my clock everytime I boot into it.

If it's off by the same number of hours as the difference from you to
Greenwich Mean Time, then the fix is simple. It took me awhile to
figure out, you have to tell Linux you want to use local time, since
that's what MacOS uses, not GMT as the install prompt seems to
recommend. You can use date and hwclock, or /usr/sbin/base-config, to
accomplish this.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |